Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wet & Wild Spotlight Red Lipstick - SWATCH & REVIEW

Hey guys!
If you have been following my blog for sometime then you know that how much i love natural/almost natural lip colors, i love how they make you look polish and clean without drawing too much attention to your lips BUT recently my heart is gravitating towards dark and brighter lip colors and this July i cannot stop myself buying and wearing these amazing yummy bright colors.

Today i will be talking about one of my recent favorite super affordable drugstore lipstick Spotlight Red from Wet and Wild.







 This brand is well known for their soft and amazingly affordable eye-shadows so i decided to try their lipsticks as well. As you guys know i am a newbie in wearing bright and bold lip colors so i thought i would start from the affordable drugstore brands and if i continue to love bold lips then i would definitely try the higher end brands. Spotlight red is the perfect blue-based red. It is not too matte and has very good staying power. I have to use a lip brush to get more precision.Formula is not quite as creamy as I would have liked. They definitely feel on the drier side as matte lipsticks will. They feel more comfortable to me with a lip balm under them which is totally fine with me. The packaging is the infamous wet n wild packaging kind of annoying since the stick juts out over the top of the tube so when you put the cap back onto the tube, you have to be careful not to slice the lipstick. The color payoff is amazing, makes my teeth look white which is a huge plus.I do like that the cap is see-through so that I can tell what lipsticks are what colors easily enough in my makeup bag.The color stays on so well i have to remove it with makeup wipe. I really like this lipstick and i have been wearing it with white,black dresses. On the face Revlon color-stay foundation and a lot of black mascara(i have 3 favorite mascaras at the moment), nude pencil on top & bottom water line and Spotlight Red on lips. Oh and i have heard this is a great dupe for MAC Russian red,Another Plus for me ;).I really like this color and i would definitely recommend it i got mine from CVS for 1.99$
LINK!
Have you ever tried any lipsticks from wet n Wild and if yes which is your favorite shade? i would love to know because i am really tempted to try some new colors :)

PS: I am planning on hosting a giveaway on my blog.I will announce it next Week,i am really excited & cannot wait to share it with you guys. :)

Mariam Haq

No comments:

Post a Comment